Friday, August 17, 2007

My '69 Cougar

For those of you that don't know, I am the proud owner of a 1969 Mercury Cougar. I've had it for several years now and been waiting patiently until I have some resources to put into it. Both time and money have been quite scarce for me these past years, but now that I'm done with school I have at least a little more of one of those that I hope to spend on my car during the next year. If you're wondering which, let me just say that I haven't changed jobs.

Anyway, I thought I would put up a few pictures and try to get some input about what I should try to do with it. Give me your thoughts on anything from paint color to extreme makeover bodywork, and even the interior. Should I try to keep it fairly original, or go for more of a custom look?




2 comments:

Ing said...

You need to keep it fairly original--at least, don't over-customize it. That's a cool-looking car as it is, and some polish and new paint would do a lot. I ain't a car expert, though, so for what it's worth....

riotimus said...

I think that is a awesome looking car and I wouldn't change it radically. I think color-wise a dark would be best - a deep metalic green, dark blue, or even the impossible-to-keep-clean black. I'm all about modern customized interiors on seemingly stock classic cars.

R.