Thursday, July 06, 2006

Juggling

This website has been really hard to maintain. I've been so busy with other things (new baby, new job, studying for the MCAT) that I haven't been able to do much. Maybe I'll just scrap it altogether. If you object, let me hear some noise (comments). Let me know where you're looking from too.

While I'm here though . . .
I was greatly saddened by Portugal's defeat in the World Cup. They are a great team, and I had them picked for the big win. Alas, it was not to be. Finally, I have decided to embrace my French heritage (my last name is Martineau after all) and cheer for the French. They have beat most of the teams I wanted to win (Spain, Brazil, Portugal), so I might as well. C'est la vie!

My first prediction about George was right. No big surprise there. We'll find out about the second one on Saturday. It's been nice to see Robbie McEwen doing so well in the stage finishes. I truly think he is better than Boonen by a mile. Today though, big congratulations to Oscar Friere for a gutsy and well-deserved stage win! In a post-race interview, he talked about things not working, and trying something different today. I think that is an attitude we should all embrace, rather than doing the same things when they aren't working anyway. Now, only one more sprint stage, and then on to the real race . . .

I also started my job at the hospital today. It seems like it will be really good. Lots of nice people, and never a dull moment!

2 comments:

riotimus said...

I like to know what's going on with you, and if we aren't going to be able to Gtalk anymore this is better than nothing.

riotimus said...

I still check this, even though you don't write here anymore. You probably already knew that though.

R.