Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Frankenblog

As I sat in my literature class today learning about the Romantic movement, I realized the problem with this blog. I've been trying to define it, but also to have it be something that is fairly representative of me. But that doesn't work, because I am a living, changing person, and living, changing things are not easily classified or defined. In fact, according to the Romantics, that is the biggest problem with our methods of learning today.

So I've decided that I won't define it at all. Other than saying that it is a blog. So don't get to comfortable with anything here, because as of right now, I'm reserving the right to change anything according to whatever whim should happen to strike me. No themes, no explanations, and no apologies (although I don't tend to be a tremendously offensive person as far as I know, so that probably won't be a worry to anyone).

Thanks to those who keep checking this despite the dearth of anything at all being posted for such long periods of time. Maybe soon there will be something interesting here!

3 comments:

riotimus said...

That sounds like a great idea. I will look forward to seeing your monster blog in action. Rock on.

R.

Ben said...

I agree. Don't place any restrictions on yourself with this. They'll only hold you back from expressing yourself.

I promised myself when I started my blog that I would refrain from apologizing for delays and from trying to explain my blogging activities too much. But I can't help it. I just keep doing it anyway.

Ben said...

Hey, can you enable RSS feeds for your blog? I think there should be an option in your dashboard or somewhere that you can turn on. It'd be easier for me to check for updates that way. Just a suggestion.